Custom Software Development
Simplifying digital solutions for your business
When it comes to custom software development in Perth, look no further. At Horizon Digital, we specialise in crafting bespoke software solutions that drive business growth and efficiency. Whether you’re seeking to design a custom software solution, delve into app development, or scale up your existing software team, we’re here to help.
Driven by our strong focus on agile ways of working and tangible business value, we tailor our approach to deliver app and custom software development solutions effectively and efficiently. Let us show you how agile software development can empower your people to deliver better and faster results for your organisation and customers.
How does it work?
We bring custom software development expertise and agile ways of working to all stages of your project, scaling resources to suit your needs and budget.
We’ll work hand in hand with you to design customer-centric software solutions that effectively solve real problems while enhancing your team’s capabilities.
How we’ll make great things happen together
Planning our pathway forward
What you can expect:
Start your digital journey today
Some of our best work
Safeguard your business with our free cyber security guide
Frequently asked questions
Custom software development refers to the process of creating software tailored to the specific needs and requirements of a business or organisation. It involves designing, coding, testing, and deploying software solutions that are unique and customised to address particular challenges and solve customer problems.
The cost of custom software development can vary significantly depending on the complexity of the project, the features required, and the technology stack used. To get an accurate estimate, it’s best to contact our team for a personalised quote.
Yes, open-source software can be used as a foundation for developing proprietary solutions. However, it’s essential to understand the licensing and compliance requirements associated with the open-source components and ensure that the resulting proprietary software doesn’t violate any open-source licences.
Selecting the right custom software development company is crucial for the success of your project. Consider factors such as experience, expertise in your industry, client reviews, portfolio, communication, and their ability to understand your unique requirements. Our team at Horizon Digital and BlueSky has a proven track record in delivering exceptional custom software solutions.
Custom software can be developed for a wide range of applications. Some common examples include custom CRM systems, inventory management software, e-commerce platforms, and specialised data analysis tools. These solutions are designed to meet the specific needs of businesses and organisations. Check out some of our case studies.
Off-the-shelf software solutions are pre-built software products designed for general use, while custom software solutions are bespoke applications tailored to specific business needs.
Advantages of off-the-shelf software:
- Cost-effective: Initially more affordable as development costs are shared.
- Quick implementation: Faster deployment due to the pre-built nature.
- Support and updates: Often come with support and regular updates.
Advantages of custom software:
- Tailored to your needs: Designed to fit your business processes and workflows perfectly.
- Competitive advantage: Addresses specific challenges, providing a unique edge.
- Scalability: Can be designed to grow with your business.
- Data security: Offers control over security measures, crucial for sensitive data.
Limitations of off-the-shelf software:
- Limited customisation: May need to fully align with unique processes.
- Lack of uniqueness: Used by many, limiting competitive advantage.
- Potential bloat: Includes features not needed, reducing efficiency.
Limitations of custom software:
- Higher initial cost: More expensive upfront due to bespoke nature.
- Development time: Takes time to build, no immediate access.
- Maintenance: Responsibility for ongoing maintenance, updates, and support.
The choice depends on specific business needs, budget, and long-term goals. If requirements align closely with existing software, an off-the-shelf solution may be best. However, if you need a unique solution to gain a competitive edge or meet complex customer or business needs, custom software might be the way to go.
The cost of developing an app can vary widely based on several factors, including the complexity of the app, features, design, platforms (iOS, Android, or both), and the development team’s location and expertise. Simple apps may cost a few thousand dollars, while more complex or feature-rich apps can range from tens of thousands to several hundred thousand dollars.
Developing an app can offer numerous benefits, such as reaching a wider audience, enhancing user engagement, providing a more personalised experience, and leveraging device-specific features.
Apps can also create new revenue streams, improve brand visibility, and offer a direct channel for communication with users.
The app development process involves several key steps:
- Define Your Objectives: Clearly outline the purpose and goals of your app.
- Market Research: Understand your target audience and analyse the competition.
- Design: Create wireframes and design the user interface and user experience.
- Development: Write the code and build the app’s functionality.
- Testing: Conduct thorough testing to identify and fix bugs.
- Deployment: Release the app to the app stores (e.g., Apple App Store, Google Play).
- Maintenance: Regularly update and maintain the app to ensure its performance and security.
No-code app development refers to the creation of applications without the need for traditional programming. Instead of writing code, users can use visual interfaces, drag-and-drop tools, and pre-built components to design and build applications. No-code platforms aim to make app development more accessible to individuals without extensive coding expertise, enabling a broader range of people to create functional apps.
The time it takes to develop an app depends on various factors, including its complexity, features, and the development team’s size and expertise. Simple apps with basic features may take a few weeks to a couple of months, while more complex apps can take six months or more. It’s crucial to factor in the time required for design, development, testing, and any iterations based on feedback during the development process.